Re: add attributes?

Steffen Macke wrote:
Hi,

1. Define new attributes.
2. Set attribute values on objects.  These 3 attributes would now be part of

I think this is already possible. Have a look at the "Extended
Attributes" of custom
shapes in the Dia Manual:

http://dia-installer.de/doc/en/custom-shapes-chapter.html#N40FD5

These extended attributes are accessible in python.
Example:
* Add an extended attribute called "Description" to a shape.
* Create a new diagram
* Add your new shape
* Edit the object properties and write a description
* Use the following statement in the Python Dia Console:

dia.active_display().diagram.data.layers[0].objects[0].properties['custom:Description'].value

I hope that this information is sufficient for you to create such
custom shapes and adjust
the python export script. If not, I should post a sample.

Please do. I read over that page, and am not sure where to start. I get the feeling I would need to start over and create a new .dia, and might be limited to what objects I can use? (like can I use the laptop object?)

"The effect will be some custom properties in your object. They are editable by the properties dialog and will be loaded and saved with your diagram. "

Looks very promising.

Carl K