Re: add attributes?

At 05.02.2009 20:57, Carl Karsten wrote:
Michael Ross wrote:
[...]
But yes, there are workarounds. I would make the addition myself if I knew how.

Does anyone of you bother to read the "Dia ChangeLog report", here:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2009-February/msg00001.html

Or is it just too cryptic to be understandable ?

As long as we are getting into enhancements:
I would like if the new option was to add custom attributes, which means we users could then add description, order, count, weight, whatever. (add as many as we feel like.) Being able to turn on/off visibility on each one sounds nice too. But I would be perfectly happy if they didn't show up on the diagram, so visible can come later.

2009-02-01  Hans Breuer  <hans breuer org>

 * lib/object.[ch] lib/dia_xml.[ch] lib/prop_dict.[ch]
   lib/properties.[ch] lib/propinternals.h lib/Makefile.am
   lib/libdia.def po/POTFILES.in : allow to serialize meta info with
   every DiaObject - no UI to modify it yet
 * lib/plug-ins.h : bump api version because object size has changed
 * plug-ins/python/pydia-property.c : handle translation between Python
   and Dia dictionary to make accesible. Also s/g_warning/g_debug/
 * plug-ins/python/diasvg_import.c : generate object meta info to test
   the above. Also fixes regarding text color.