Re: Pan by holding down scroll button already works (Was: Zoom patch)

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 20:31:49 -0600, Sameer Sahasrabuddhe <sameerds gmail com> wrote:

On 9/3/08, Christian RidderstrÃm <christian ridderstrom gmail com> wrote:

That's what I've been using, but the above is stone age in terms
of useability compared to click'n'drag to pan...

Philip,

For the sake of clarity, can you please explain what "click and drag"
means to you? From some of your posts, it seems you have never seen a
scroll wheel on a  mouse, the one that also doubles as a middle
button. Most people don't use a trackball, and so dragging means
actually dragging the mouse on the surface (which where the action got
its name).

That's exactly what I mean. Press and hold a button, then move the mouse. With a trackball I press and hold a button, then roll the ball.

Actually, I have used a mouse with a scroll wheel. While working with the marketing department I actually got tasked to work on some marketing drawings using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and another program I can't remember at the moment. Anyway, one day the boss was looking over my should and said: What are you doing grabbing the scroll bar phil? Why don't you use the scroll wheel? Oh!? Is that what that's for? I replied. Now if that doesn't make you laugh or groan at me, I don't know what will. :-)
--
phil