Re: Zoom Patch

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 17:45:42 -0600, Michael Ross <michael e ross gmail com> wrote:

I believe page breaks are always visible but not seen if made to be the the
same color as the background.

Actually, there's a preference to turn them off. I had two thoughts while working on the grid.

1. Zoom out far enough and turn them off.
2. Make them work like the grid, scale them as you zoom out.

I implemented the first because it was easy, but I did not include it in the patch because after I tried it out it wasn't sitting well with me. I tried to implement the second, but for some reason the math escapes me at the moment. I guess a third option would be to bring back the zoom limiting code, but that does not interact well with zooming. If you want to see what it does, apply my patch without the changes to display.c and grid.c. Zoom all the way out to the limit. Yuck! Zoom all the way in to the limit. Yuck! I tried to fix that, but then I thought: Why do these limits exist? What problem is the developer trying to solve? I couldn't think of one, so I removed the code. As it turns out, the container already has upper and lower limits. Thus, the problem is now what to do with the page break lines.

Anyway. Hope I'm making sense here.
--
phil