Re: GNOME Online Accounts 3.34 won't have documents support

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 05:14:39AM -0500, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
This feels like an awfully aggressive way of asking for a reply in a
heated thread that's already getting close to 100 emails. I don't know
if replying will help but since you seem to want a reply so badly and
because I do want to keep acting in good faith and not have our
relationship damaged over this, here's a reply.

Umm... maybe consider avoiding relatively strongly worded messages
about nitpicky details? That too devoid of context.

Maybe assume that when I write a commit message, especially a
sensitive one deleting code, that I have done some basic fact
checking?

Since your first message, this thread has gone haywire. Maybe you
could have clarified what you wanted to say without leaving it
hanging?

Select a recipe
-> Buy ingredients
-> View shopping list
-> Share
-> Add service
-> Todoist

Your test case was so minimal that I didn't understand that's what it
was. Let me give a few more words. Step 0 is to build GOA with
--disable-todoist (if like me you're still using the stable version of
GOA). Then log out and log back in to make sure that you're using the
correct GOA service. The final step where you click the word Todoist
opens gnome-control-center to the Online Accounts page which does not
have a Todoist provider since we removed it in Step 0.

The Todoist provider was always disabled by default. So unless a
distributor enabled it by default, I don't see how that can happen.

It was disabled because we had a long discussion with Recipes and Todo
about what to do with Todoist. The code was merged into GOA in the
first place to avoid perpetually blocking a student project while we
were having this discussion.

It was taken out 1.5 years later to avoid giving everybody the
impression that Todoist was meant to stay in GOA. I believe 1.5 years
is a fairly long grace period for something that was never enabled,
and was never intended to be there in the first place.

If anything, this was discussed at length and clearly conveyed to the
relevant applications.

https://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-todo/3.91/

Wait, GNOME To Do has one experimental release targeting GTK4 using
the same version number scheme as GTK4 and that's enough for you to
say that they are not following GNOME's Release Schedule?

That both Todo and Recipes wants to stay loosely coupled from core GNOME
was made clear during our discussions. Georges literally said so a few
times. The release numbering is one of the indicators of that.

I'm
sorry that you feel so attacked in this thread and I apologize if my
replies or lack of replying feels like I'm trying to hurt you more.
That is not my intent at all.

Thanks. That's appreciated. :)