Re: Release team now using gnome-build-meta repository, not JHBuild

Il 22/01/2018 14:34, mcatanzaro gnome org ha scritto:
On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 7:25 AM, mcatanzaro gnome org wrote:
Were you actually using JHBuild to run integrated system components
(gnome-shell, gnome-session)? If so, how? I was not aware that that
was even possible nowadays.

When developing these components,

Sorry, trying again....

When developing components like gnome-shell and gnome-session, I've
found myself working in a VM and installing directly into /usr/bin. It's
the only way I'm aware of that works. (You can try /usr/local, but then
you have to hack executable paths in several projects....)

As said it's not like that, I'm just running everyday this to run
gnome-shell

  jhbuild run env XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland \
                  XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/tmp/jhbuild-runtime \
                  dbus-run-session gnome-shell --wayland \
                                               --display-server

Same works when using X11 or gnome-session (just replacing the command).
So it looks like there's nothing similar to that yet.

Maybe JHBuild could be a bst client for building only?