Re: systemd as external dependency

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
On Thu, 2011-05-19 at 17:02 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I feel like we're going down a rat hole, but...
>
> Olav Vitters wrote:
> > One small comment that perhaps remarks seen on IRC are not meant as
> > negative as they might be interpreted, and now I am questioned on my
> > behaviour?!?
> >
> > I find this pretty sad.
>
> Well, GNOME does have a reputation for giving people a rather frosty
> reception on IRC, in Bugzilla and on mailing lists. Perhaps it's worth
> some introspection to ask where that reputation comes from? It didn't
> materialise out of thin air.

We have a reputation for #gnome being dead silent. And now

Actually, we have plenty of people who answer questions on #gnome on both freenode and gimpnet.  We've greatly improved the experience.  Some of them are even shell developers.  So I don't think it's dead silent.  GNOME-shell mailing lists have plenty of people who now help out and are polite to people who come in and ask questions.  I daresay, it's way better than at any time in our history.

sri