Re: Feature Proposal - Sushi

Hi Olav,

On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 13:44 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:

>  - what would the UI be in Nautilus? (default action vs preview)

Right now it's activated with Spacebar.
Sushi would never be a default action, but it has to be explicitly
triggered (show me the preview vs. open this file).
I also figure it will replace the mouse-hover-on-audio-file preview
Nautilus currently implements.

>  - how would it integrate with e.g. alt-f2 run dialog?

Hmm, not sure I see a lot of room for integration here, as alt+f2 is
mostly for running a command, which is orthogonal to the previewer...

>  - should/will the functionality be exposed/implemented elsewhere?
>    e.g. jumplists? zeitgeist integration?

Yeah, as I said in another reply, it could definitely be useful to
integrate it in the file chooser, and it also might be useful for
Finding and Reminding (though I think it's really early to even think
about this kind of integration, as e.g. F&R itself is still in the early
design phase). OTOH I'm not sure the Zeitgeist information exports is
useful at all for Sushi; what kind of integration were you thinking
here?

Cheers,
Cosimo