Re: New Module Proposal. libseed

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it> wrote:
> 2009/5/13 Xan Lopez <xan gnome org>:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Do you have any idea of how big a task adding 'let' support to JSC
>> would be? Seems like that would be the real end of another contention
>> point between gjs/seed.
>>

> Just a personal doubt about "let" issue. If I'm right this is a
> feature of JavaScript 1.6 (or 1.7), while the latest ISO standard,
> i.e. ECMAScript, is in sync with JavaScript 1.5 (that should be 10
> years old)
>
> I don't know so much about JS, but do we really want GNOME Desktop
> depends on non-yet-standard and currently mozilla only feature? Or am
> I missing something?
I do not like script languages, i think c/c++ is enough, even we
cannot prevent other people using scripts, it should just be an
option, not a must.
(in fact, I have been a web developer for 4 years, and is very
familiar with C#, javascript and asp.net, but I think that was the
wrong way for a real programmer, so now I start to learn c/c++ and
linux.)