Re: New Module Proposal. libseed

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Hubert Figuiere <hub figuiere net> wrote:
> On 05/12/2009 08:01 PM, Robert Carr wrote:
>>
>> For 2.28, it may make sense to have both gjs and Seed as modules, and
>> try and keep code somewhat compatible.
>>
>> It's still not entirely clear which JavaScript engine is going to end
>> up being better long term, so we might not want to completely commit
>> to one yet.
>

> With that plan, it is -1 from me. 2 engines is one too many IMHO.

We'll have two engines if Epiphany moves to webkit and gnome-shell
sticks with gjs.

If the only user of gjs in GNOME is gnome-shell, and the gnome-shell
developers are happy with a move to Seed (have we heard from them on
this yet?), then I am +1 for Seed's inclusion and gjs' exclusion.

I agree with Hubert that sending mixed messages about browser/js
engines is not a good idea.

Sandy