Re: krb5-auth-dialog propsal

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 07.05.2009, 12:51 +0200 schrieb Guido Günther:
> I'd like to propose krb5-auth-dialog for inclusion into gnome 2.28. It's
> a tray applet that can be used to acquire and renew Kerberos tickets
> It optionally uses libnotify to alert about ticket exiration. When built
> against heimdal Kerberos it supports pkinit (ticket acquisition via
> smart card). See:
>
>     https://honk.sigxcpu.org/piki/projects/krb5-auth-dialog/
>
> for more details and some screenshots.

After reading the description I thought "Oh, a nice and small tool".
After checking out from git I realize that it has 637 (!) translatable
strings, most of them very technical and not easily translatable.
Just to pick up one example, I wonder if any average user will
understand "Programmer error!  Bad Admin server handle" and if any
translator knows what is meant here and if this should really be
displayed to the end user.
There are lots of such strings, hence I definitely request a review of
all translatable strings before I would accept this for GNOME.

Also, is there any documentation available?

andre
--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed