Re: New module proposal: tracker

On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 19:57 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 18.08.2009, 18:05 +0100 schrieb Martyn Russell:
> > On 18/08/09 17:48, Dan Winship wrote:

> > > The stigma associated with Tracker is because historically the tracker
> > > hackers have been unable to describe what the non-filesystem-indexing
> > > part of Tracker does without

ok, not good. I agree

> > > claiming it solves all possible problems involving "data".
> >
> > I don't think I have heard any Tracker developers state it solves all
> > problems involving data. Who, when, where was this?
>
> When applying for inclusion for GNOME 2.18 lots of followup mail was
> just about requesting an exact & understandable explanation on what
> tracker does, and what not.

ok, let's avoid that this time

> The answers were partially confusing and sometimes considered vague
> and/or inconsistent. To quote jdub from that thread: "Great technology
> loses out to poor communication."

> Hoping that communication works out better this time...

If it doesn't this time, please advise us on how we can be more clear.

We'll do our best and are committed to formulate our answers in a
non-vague way and improve the communication of the project's members,
about the project, towards the community.

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
http://pvanhoof.be/blog
http://codeminded.be