Re: New module proposal: tracker

On 18/08/09 17:48, Dan Winship wrote:
On 08/18/2009 12:32 PM, Martyn Russell wrote:
The only reason you're suggesting tracker-store shouldn't be called
"tracker" is due to the social stigma associated with what Tracker is,
i.e. all about the file system.

The stigma associated with Tracker is because historically the tracker
hackers have been unable to describe what the non-filesystem-indexing
part of Tracker does without either (a) sounding like a dead German
philosopher,

Well, I am English ;) so no chance of that.

or (b) claiming it solves all possible problems involving
"data".

I don't think I have heard any Tracker developers state it solves all problems involving data. Who, when, where was this?

--
Regards,
Martyn