Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.22

> I guess you do not know what ICE is ? Do you ?

Last time I checked ICE it was about finding a a quite good routing
path (not always the best) between two endpoints for UDP packets.

> Then can you explain us how ICE can help when STUN does not ? I would
> like to see your argumentation here.

Correct me if I am wrong, but STUN is generally about finding your
external IP address, and determining the type of NAT you are sitting
behind, it is just a subset of the techniques needed to achieve a
quite reliable NAT traversal. ICE as a method, makes use of STUN among
others. So I don't see why you oppose STUN to ICE ?

> I had decided not to participate to that thread, but there are always
> people who do not know what they are talking about. What a pity.

I am sorry if I don't know what am talking about, it is just that
Ekiga never worked reliably for me !

--
Ali