Re: Module proposal: Empathy for GNOME 2.22

Le lundi 24 septembre 2007 �0:54 +0200, Ali Sabil a �it :
> On 9/24/07, Jason D. Clinton <me jasonclinton com> wrote:
> > The critical difference in that analogy is that the thousands and
> > thousands of man-hours spent on Gecko are reused in the
> > Gnome-ification called Epiphany. As Empathy is proposed, all the work
> > in protocol implementation that has come before in the form of Ekiga
> > and Pidgin appears to be thrown out the window.
>
> I guess you never really used Ekiga? did you?
>
> Ekiga is nowhere near user friendly, am not even sure it is HIG

Ekiga is a softphone, not an IM, so it is as user-friendly as a
softphone can be.

> compliant. It doesn't have any ICE support last time I checked, which
> in other words means that it will never work reliably in a
> NATed/Firewalled environment (which let me remind you is the most
> common case with the proliferation of home routers).

I guess you do not know what ICE is ? Do you ?

Then can you explain us how ICE can help when STUN does not ? I would
like to see your argumentation here.

I had decided not to participate to that thread, but there are always
people who do not know what they are talking about. What a pity.
--
 _     Damien Sandras
(o-