opening a program with the middle button

Hi, I have a suggestion I already posted in Ubuntu Launchpad. Here it
goes:

First thing I do when I switch on my laptop is open evolution to read my
e-mails, liferea to get my news feeds and epiphany to browse some
forums. Not necessarily when switching it on, but overall I usually run
these programs together.

As of now, this requires too many clicks - I have to click applications,
internet, evolution, applications, internet, liferea, applications,
internet, epiphany.

It would be so much better if middle-clicking a launcher would launch
the program, but leave the menu open. Then I would only have to click
applications, internet, evolution (middle-click), liferea
(middle-click), epiphany.

What do you think about it?

Here's the original post:
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/gnome-panel/+bug/48788