Re: opening a program with the middle button

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 15:51 +0200, David Prieto wrote:

> It would be so much better if middle-clicking a launcher would launch
> the program, but leave the menu open. Then I would only have to click
> applications, internet, evolution (middle-click), liferea
> (middle-click), epiphany.
>
> What do you think about it?

I suppose it would be harmless enough, although the HIG does say you
shouldn't have features that you can only perform with the middle mouse
button, as not everyone has one.

In the interests of trying to understand the user requirement a bit
better, could you explain why you'd rather have this than just adding
three launchers to your panel, or creating a launcher that runs all
three apps together, or saving your session so that those three apps are
always run when you log in?

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group