Re: opening a program with the middle button

On Jun 7, 2006, at 9:51 AM, David Prieto wrote:
First thing I do when I switch on my laptop is open evolution to read my e-mails, liferea to get my news feeds and epiphany to browse some forums. Not necessarily when switching it on, but overall I usually run these programs together.

You can set these programs to run automatically when you log in, using the "Startup Programs" tab of the "Sessions" preferences. (This could be much more obvious than it is, for example by giving the control panel a name better than "Sessions".)

You can also add the programs to the panel at the top/bottom of the screen by clicking on an empty part of it (if there is one) with the right mouse button (if you have one) and choosing "Add to Panel...". (Again, this could be much more obvious than it is. For example, it should show up when you search the help for "how can I start programs quickly".)

--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/