Re: Mummy, I made a platform in my pants! [Was: focus!]

Alex Graveley wrote:

* Persistence framework
Saving and indexing application-internal data, optionally exposing to search engines like beagle.

Already mostly done in Tracker. Tracker's database can store just about any first class object complete with extensible metadata, tags and links. All thats needed it to extend Tracker's Dbus interface to cover the particular need.

EG Tomboy notes could be stored directly in Tracker's DB instead of to a file. Tracker automatically indexes anything in its database which can be searched without Beagle (you can disable tracker's indexing if you want to use an external indexer like Beagle).

All thats needed is to define a set of Dbus methods (SaveNote, LoadNote, LinkNote etc) for the Notes first class object.

Tracker will also fill in the search framework too as well as the persistence/metadata DB stuff as well (when its finished - give it 3 months!)

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://jamiemcc.livejournal.com/