Re: Replacing control center menus
- From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- To: Toby Smithe <toby smithe gmail com>
- Cc: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, Josselin Mouette <joss debian org>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Replacing control center menus
- Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 14:26:34 +0100
On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 05:55 +0000, Toby Smithe wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 16:20 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > > I'm not saying this is easy, especially for those coming from different
> > > modules, but this would reduce the current number from 24 to 12. Which
> > > is quite an acceptable number.
> > >
> > Hear hear!
> > also remember that frequently settings can be moved to
> > context-appropriate locations such as the file manager or other
> > situation where the setting arises, instead of dumping all settings in a
> > big central set of prefs dialogs.
> But what about those who already know where the settings they want are?
> They're going to have to learn all over again, which is a bad thing for
> usability's sake. And why might a file manager be appropriate for global
> settings? This just gets confusing...
those people can just type what they are looking for in the search entry
and not even look at the categories at all :-)
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
] [Thread Prev