Re: Replacing control center menus
- From: "Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro" <gjc inescporto pt>
- To: Jonathan Blandford <jrb redhat com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Replacing control center menus
- Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 17:03:55 +0000
On Ter, 2006-12-12 at 11:51 -0500, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 15:26 +0100, �ienne Bersac wrote:
> > A menu longer that 10 entry is very painful. Often, Gnome properties
> > menu is about 20 entry when you install some additionnal softwares.
> > Gnome is the only desktop which keep using this outdated
> > "control-center". A control center is far more usable and accessible
> > (especially if it provide search).
> This also could mean that we have too many capplets.
But even if we can't get away from a multitude of capplets, there's an
alternative solution: add an extra level of preferences "categories", as
we do for the applications menu.
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
<gjc inescporto pt> <gustavo users sourceforge net>
The universe is always one step beyond logic.
] [Thread Prev