Re: Old versions of GNOME [was: Re: gtk 2.8 for gnome 2.12]

On 7/22/05, Sri Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com> wrote:
> Seems like the Ubuntu folks are coming up with the solutions anyways.

I (and I expect others) would certainly be displeased if we became
dependent on a proprietary tool to manage our bugs or release process.
As long as it isn't open, launchpad is not a solution, no matter how
nice it is. If it is open (and the UI continues to improve) I expect
I'll likely be one of the first to push us away from bugzilla and
towards malone.

> Also note that some of the problem might be that CVS might make it hard
> to do.

Agreed with this one- we must move to bzr, svk, or something in that
vein to make the branching part of this manageable over the long term.
Or rather, we don't *have* to, but I don't envy the poor soul who
tries to do it with CVS.

Luis