Re: Old versions of GNOME [was: Re: gtk 2.8 for gnome 2.12]

<quote who="Luis Villa">

> On 7/22/05, Sri Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com> wrote:
> > Seems like the Ubuntu folks are coming up with the solutions anyways.
>
> I (and I expect others) would certainly be displeased if we became
> dependent on a proprietary tool to manage our bugs or release process.  As
> long as it isn't open, launchpad is not a solution, no matter how nice it
> is. If it is open (and the UI continues to improve) I expect I'll likely
> be one of the first to push us away from bugzilla and towards malone.

Keep in mind that it's extremely likely that you'll benefit from Launchpad
(Malone, in this case) without using it directly.

- Jeff

--
GNOME Summit 2005: October 8th-10th         http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005

           "It's weird being without white noise." - Catie Flick