Re: gtk 2.8 for gnome 2.12

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 14:49 -0400, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> But there is no reason to tarnish Gnome's reputation because some people
> feel that Gtk 2.8 is too cool to wait.  Shipping a slower, more fragile
> version of Gnome and which in addition will not benefit for the most
> part on any of the new 2.8 stuff (if people are following the rules)
> seems like a loosing proposition.

The QA team does not consider a GTK+ 2.8-based GNOME more fragile than a
2.6-based one. The QA team believes the issues involved in upgrading
this component of the GNOME desktop are no greater than upgrading any
other fundamental library.

If you believe otherwise, please e-mail bugsquad gnome org and let us
know your reasons. References to bug numbers would be helpful.

I cannot speak for the QA team, but that doesn't make it untrue.

--
Andrew