Re: Not OK computer:/// [was Re: Should Desktop = Home?]

On Sun, 2004-10-10 at 00:07 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> I had already gathered that there were efforts to get rid of URI's but
> the relatively recent addtion of another URI namely computer:///
> seemed like a step backwards.  It made me doubt if it really was a
> generally held design goal not to introduce more URIs.  I am very glad
> to see you saying that applications:/// will be getting phased out and
> I look forward to seeing more progress in that direction.

There are plants to remove URIs from the user interface. Not as an
implementation detail.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a shy amnesiac photographer trapped in a world he never made. She's a
brilliant motormouth advertising executive who dreams of becoming Elvis. They
fight crime!