Re: GNOME 2.10: replacing the Inbox Monitor

Miguel Angel López Hernández did a patch which was sent to evolution-patches.
You can have a look at it at
http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution-patches/2004-January/004100.html

But some rework is going there i think...

-Srini

Sáb, 2004-10-09 às 14:30 +0200, Rodrigo Moya escreveu:
>On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 12:59 +0100, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
>>Sáb, 2004-10-09 às 13:08 +0200, Rodrigo Moya escreveu:

>>>haven't seen any mention on the website about evolution. And I wonder,
>>>now that evo is part of GNOME, wouldn't it make more sense to have the
>>>inbox monitor applet monitor the Evolution mail accounts rather than ask
>>>for the same configuration again?
>>
>>  I completely agree with this.  I certainly wouldn't want to copy mail
>>email account configuration to several programs.  Not to mention
>>duplicated imap/pop connections, consuming bandwith.  Not to mention if
>>I have evolution download mails through pop, the external email
>>notitifcation program would be left with nothing to monitor.  But IMHO,
>>it's evolution that is at fault here.  A decent email notification
>>system should come built into evolution by default.  That sound
>>notification that it supports certainly doesn't count as 'decent'.
>>
>there is a bounty for it BTW:
>http://www.gnome.org/bounties/Mailer.html#127516

 Great!  That would make external email notifications irrelevant for
the basic gnome desktop.  Only users that specifically start using a
non-GNOME email client should ever need such standalone applets, which
means the GNOME desktop doesn't need them at all.  Of course,
distributions should probably include them anyway.

 Thanks.  I'll shut up now.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
The universe is always one step beyond logic