Re: Should Desktop = Home?
- From: Matthew Gatto <poobar nycap rr com>
- To: Steven Garrity <stevelist silverorange com>
- Cc: Desktop Devel <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Should Desktop = Home?
- Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 21:28:46 -0400
* Steven Garrity <stevelist silverorange com> [04.10.02 15:35]:
> Elijah Newren wrote:
> >On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 15:27:02 -0300, Steven Garrity wrote:
> >>Should we merge the Home directory with the Desktop directory?
> >Wasn't this topic beaten to death a few years ago? I think nautilus
> >needs a rationales.txt file in CVS explaining various decisions that
> >have been made, in order to make them easier to find and reference in
> >emails like this (kind of like Metacity has--see
> >http://tinyurl.com/5glqo). I tried finding one of the emails where
> >the final decision was stated, but my google-fu seemed to be coming up
> >short and all I saw was various emails about the various arguments
> >being made...
> Yeah, I figured this was probably debated and decided years ago.
> However, I couldn't turn anything up. Can anyone enlighten us as to the
> official reasoning for the current setup?
] [Thread Prev