Re: Should Desktop = Home?

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 15:27:02 -0300, Steven Garrity
<stevelist silverorange com> wrote:

> Should we merge the Home directory with the Desktop directory?

Wasn't this topic beaten to death a few years ago?  I think nautilus
needs a rationales.txt file in CVS explaining various decisions that
have been made, in order to make them easier to find and reference in
emails like this (kind of like Metacity has--see
http://tinyurl.com/5glqo).  I tried finding one of the emails where
the final decision was stated, but my google-fu seemed to be coming up
short and all I saw was various emails about the various arguments
being made...

Cheers,
Elijah