Re: Proposed: Evolution (and associated libs)

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 15:35, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Andrew Sobala">
>
> > evo-data-server is a general desktop contact management/calendaring API.
> > It doesn't need evolution to be useful.
>
> Mark's point is just that -> evolution is the primary (and currently only)
> "content creation" tool for e-d-s. If Evo isn't in the Desktop, e-d-s is an
> irrelevant stub (until you have a "content creation" tool around).

Yes. But that doesn't mean we might not have more when it actually gets
release - I personally believe that a small, light and simple
address-book app (like on OS X) would be excellent, for example, and
e-d-s is exactly where it should be storing its data.

If, on a system, e-d-s has no data in it, then a clock calendar wouldn't
show any appointments. Nothing's lost. But if we distribute e-d-s then
3rd party apps can dump information into it as much as they please, and
we can integrate with that.

And in Real Life, it's going to contain data. Because evolution will
exist.

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>