Re: Proposed: Evolution (and associated libs)

Hi,
	I'd echo other peoples concerns around its stability and whether the
radical changes made in 1.5 should be allowed a longer settling in
period.

	My main problem with the proposal, though, is that I don't think we
should be considering adding evolution-data-server to the desktop unless
we are also adding evolution.

	The only probable user in of e-d-s in 2.6, that I'm aware of, is the
clock applet. This will only provide a *view* of your evolution calendar
data. Without evolution there won't be any calendar data. i.e. unless
there is some application in the desktop release that allows you to
populate your calendar or address book, I don't see any point at all in
including evolution-data-server.

	I really want to see evolution and evolution-data-server in the desktop
and deep integration with GNOME. But I think the time for that is going
to be 2.8.

Cheers,
Mark.