Re: Font Configuration Applet

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 01:29, Markus Bertheau wrote:
> > Me, and probably hundreds and thousands of other people - not everyone
> > loves a flat default theme and one of the greatest advantages of GNOME
> > is that it is easy to make it look great.
>
> But GNOME is not for everyone. It's explicitly not for people who like
> to tweak their setup a lot with a GUI.

This is, luckily, not true. GNOME is a lot about the looks. I for one
have switched to GNOME because of the looks in the first place. This is
not to say that the looks justify each and every configuration option,
but...

> You can tweak with gconf. In fact
> you can tweak it right the way you do now in my proposal - with gconf.

...as I stated,

> > The desktop font is strongly related to the selected theme.

Therefore, it needs to be as easily configurable as themes are.

-Samuel
|      Samuel Abels       |   http://www.debain.org    |
| spam ad debain dod org  | knipknap ad jabber dod org |