Re: 2.3 Proposed Features

On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 15:02, Christian Meyer wrote:

> OK, if gtk2.4 will be late I have no objections to stick with gtk2.2 as it'll
> be more mature than gtk2.3/2.4 will be at that time :-)
> Depending on libegg might be a problem, I've been talking with kris about it
> and he also thinks it's a bad idea to rely on it. Some widgets would have to be
> pulled out if Gnome doesn't want to depend on libegg.

libegg isn't meant to be packaged. What he meant is that the code would
be copied into various applications and used there (as it is currently).
This isn't as bad of an idea as depending on a libegg package itself,
but it still sucks somewhat.

-- dobey

--
"So I gave up on that, and tried to install gstreamer. Get this. Their
 propose ``solution'' for distributing binaries on Red Hat systems? They