Re: 2.3 Proposed Features

On Sun, 2003-02-02 at 12:06, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Hey gang,
>
> Time to start thinking about proposed features for the GNOME 2.3 development
> series... please let us know what you're working on!
>
> I will add them to the 2.3 start page on gnome.org, so we can track the
> proposals through to feature freeze (anything not 'finished' by that date
> will be shifted off to the 2.5 start page for next time).
>
> I'm assuming for the moment that fontilus and nautilus-cd-burner will be
> proposed for inclusion in the desktop release. Please note that this is a
> call for ALL NEW FEATURES, not just new modules -> let's pimp our next
> release well ahead of time. :-)

Themus will be in it (cvs module "themus",
http://www.e-consort.co.uk/penguin/screenshots/themus.png) if it's
stable in time. The long term aim is to merge it into
gnome-control-center when it's stable for various reasons, including
dependencies (I spoke with jrb about that).

For those who think the screenshot's cool: it's unstable, buggy, and not
really accepting bug reports without a patch ;-) Use it at your own
risk.

I'd also like to propose gcalctool to replace gnome-calculator as being
generally better, and with interface improvements being worked on at the
moment.

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>