Re: 2.3 Proposed Features

Hey,

> > Time to start thinking about proposed features for the GNOME 2.3 development
> > series... please let us know what you're working on!

While there's nothing here I'm directly working on, here's some ideas
that might spur on a GNOME roadmap type discussion of what we want to
focus on for 2.3.

Obviously I'd like to see gucharmap replacing gnome-character-map and
gcalctool replacing gnome-calculator at the very least.

There's been a bunch of new applets recently that have been posted to
gnome-announce-list gnome that I'd quite like reviewed for possible
inclusion.

I think we also need to find new and useful ways of utilizing some of
the stuff that we've put into GNOME 2.2 - the notification area being
one that comes to mind.

Can we get the Display preference dialog from Redhat into 2.3 - even
though it needs the RandR extension?

I think working on fixing up the lockdown/enterprise readiness would be
cool - we seem to behind KDE a little on this one :(

How will apps like Galeon and Evolution fit in with our timeline?

		Anyway, just some random assed thoughts :/

				See ya,
					Glynn :)

P.S. and see! I didn't mention zenity once ;)