Re: 2.3 Proposed Features

Hi Glynn!

On 02 Feb 2003 23:45:57 +0000
Glynn Foster wrote:

> Although we certainly haven't finalized it yet, we're still looking at a
> 6-8 month release schedule. One of the big things we wanted to try and
> avoid was releasing over January.

8 months from now on would mean, that the next GNOME version would be built
upon gtk+2.4.

> We're definitely looking at Gtk+2.4 for GNOME 2.6 though, so it seems
> like a great opportunity to really focus on the desktop again.

Wouldn't it be wiser to wait for gtk2.4? libegg will replace some widgets in
gtk2.4 (what I've learned so far) which will also fix some UI issues which have
been discussed over the last days. Don't you think it's more important to wait
instead of shipping those issues with the next version of GNOME.
This would be a great step to have a clean UI in GNOME2.4.
Currently, some people are fixing bugs, like #104549. And I hope there'll
happen more things like that.

Please consider this for the next major release.
Thank you!

Greetings,
Christian