Re: 2.3 Proposed Features

<quote who="Christian Meyer">

> Wouldn't it be wiser to wait for gtk2.4?

Not necessarily, because if GTK+ 2.4 is late, we will be even later. We've
learnt this the hard way a number of times, and we really have to unhandcuff
ourselves from the loveboat at some stage, so to speak. Note that this
doesn't preclude us from using libegg in the meantime. :-)

[ That said, one of the annoying problems with the 2.2 process was the
January due date. It's a real PITA to have a due date right after a big
holiday period, so perhaps it's a good time to have the planned 9-month
process to get us onto a March/Octoberish 6-month track. ]

- Jeff

--
     "I don't even understand offside so I'm not likely to understand a
                 Manchester United contract." - Posh Spice