Re: 2.3 Proposed Features

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 13:47, Ole Laursen wrote:
> Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > How can you match the "Slickness of the Macintosh" in a
> > multiple-GUI-library operating system? Sure, we can make GNOME have
> > exactly the same pixel precision everywhere. But unless you _only_ use
> > GNOME apps for _everything_, then Qt/fltk/X programs will bring in
> > inconsistencies anyway.
>
> But we're working on making that possible, right? I've never had any
> Qt libraries installed, and the only X programs I still run from time
> to time are xdvi and xmag.

We're pretty close to it being possible, yes.  I don't have Qt installed
either, only have GTK1 for Evolution, Mozilla only for Galeon/Epiphany,
and don't touch any non GNOME/GTK GUI apps.  Probably the largest
inconsistency I run into at all are the GTK apps that don't support
certain very good GNOME technologies (damn GIMP and it's inability to
use gnome-vfs - erg).