Re: GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.3.0: "Mighty Atom"

sön 2003-04-13 klockan 00.01 skrev Alan Johnson:

> It seems, though, that a person'ss friends would make much more
> difference in what IM they use than the Gnome default.  Why not just
> leave it open instead of designing around any particular protocol.  I
> mean, yes, it'd be perfectly acceptable in my eyes to promote Jabber
> from within the Gnome community by using it for IM between developers,
> or even having a Gnome Jabber server.  But as far as selecting a default
> for users of the desktop, that's really counter-productive to any sort
> of openness in my eyes.

And how would a user that doesn't know anything about different IM
protocols choose? Should they just pick on randomly?

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/