Re: Preferences [Was: a whole lot of other things, too]

Maybe a stupid question, but what on earth is this thread doing at
desktop-devel? It seems to me that it would be better suited on the
usability list, since a lot of it and similar topics has already been
discussed on the usability list, and that list seems in general to be
the proper place for it.

Just my opinion,
Christian

mån 2002-04-29 klockan 05.06 skrev Rui Miguel Silva Seabra:
[...]
> Well, I never turn those warnings off and yes I do check the host key
> (or rather, I let ssh do that for me ever after the first time since I
> get the host key after installing the machine and I don't log on weird
> machines with my passphrase) :)
>
> Anyway, I see your point, however... read below.
>
> > The question then is, by making something more inconvenient have you
> > actually increased security or just made yourself feel better...
>
> 1. it is not that much more inconvenient, after all, you've already gone
> from editing a text file to a bad ui, to a great ui. it's just not
> automagical.
[...]