Re: More rhythmbox updates & Amazon Search functions

On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 18:18, Joe Shaw wrote:
On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 13:08, Lee Willis wrote:
> > As he mentioned in a previous email, all of the backends need to be
> > updated for the new result set stuff.
>
> Do we have a list of outstanding ones, or can I infer it from
> backends/Makefile.am ?  I have some time off later this week in which I
> can look into these sort of things if they're easy fixes but I didn't
> want to tread on toes ...

I don't think so.  I know that Jim did the original patch, so he
probably has a pretty good idea, and there are patches for most of the
other ones.  I suspect there are very few if any that need work here.
There are a couple of major ones outstanding, I think that some of the Evolution and Epihpany backends aren't working any more.

> Would that stop a 0.1 release? Or would we ship anyway and hope for some
> constructive feedback?

I think it probably shouldn't, but Nat might feel differently.  I
haven't talked to him since he left.
I'd be inclined to let the output go as it is.  I'd hope that the whole area of renderers will get handled at the same time as categorising, fading, and a bunch of other ideas on the gui that have been kicking around, which I can't see them getting in before 0.1 is released.

Joe

Cheers,
Jim.
--