Re: [Banshee-List] Concerts plugin

I'm attaching the answer I got from Songkick regarding their API key, I don't
think we have a problem with it at all, so if anybody wants they can start the
development of this extension and request an API key.

You can find the original message here:
http://groups.google.com/group/songkick-api/browse_thread/thread/93f65c27853bb86b

I also created a bug (feature request) on Bugzilla, here's a link to that: Bug ID 647589

- - - - - - From: Sabrina Leandro <sabr songkick com> Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 16:39:40 +0100 Local: Thurs, Apr 21 2011 11:39 am Subject: Re: Terms of Use for Open Source Hi Felipe, Unfortunately, for open source applications you have no choice but to expose the API key. There are other open source projects that had the same problem using our API. In those cases, we asked the project to add a comment above the API key line that says something like: "If you'd like to use Songkick's API please request your own API key from http://developer.songkick.com". If you ever feel that someone might be misusing your api key, let me know and we can issue a new one. We know security by obfuscation is not security, but for now, there's no way around it. thanks -- Sabrina Leandro http://www.songkick.com/users/saleandro