Re: [Banshee-List] Importing more than 40, 000 files. Is it possible ?

hey mr manners cut the crap. I use free programs written by volunteers every
day. where were you when I was asking for help ?
prolly somewhere else reminding people about their manners without adding
anything useful.
anyway, I managed to have all my collection scanned but not because I waited
for banshee to come out of its freezing but (I don't even know why I'm
sharing this here) after I made a copy of the .db file under
~/.config/banshee-1/ and relaunching I used the import media menu instead of
waiting for it to rescan, all the files that had already been added were
skipped (miracles do happen) and it was much faster. my collection consist
of ~ 125000 files btw. I dunno how it got 150000+ the 1st time.
anyway I'm still not satisfied with this thing. what the heck is a file
system preview queue and why is it invisible even though I activated the
extension
wassup with the poor browsing capability ? the only organization this thing
knows is all artists ?
really ? who does that ? a directory browser wouldn't be a luxury I think

why in the world is banshee copying album covers in the ~/cache/media-art
directory ? why not just give the possibility to specify a filename pattern
like a "cover|folder|front.png|jpg|..." so that it can detect and display it
without wasting additional hard drive space (my linux partition is rather
thin!). smh...already 1.3 gb worth of images in that folder. NOT SMART !

but again I'm sure some of this criticism have already been brought up for a
long time but stubbornness can be a hard thing to get rid of so I won't
stress it too much.
I'm just waiting for guayadeque's natty version