Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee 1.2.1 ignoring embedded cover art

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 11:47 PM, Gilbert Mendoza <gmendoza gmail com> wrote:
I'd hate to create a
duplicate, so I'll add my comments to bug #388162.  Unless another one
is in order?

Yes, it sounds like everyone has a few issues here. 388162 is just about displaying what's already embedded; it sounds like you're saying that doesn't work because of the .cover images not being read?

For those of you that would like for Banshee to display the album art
embedded in your tags... play each of your albums briefly.  Doing so
extracts the embedded tags to files named "artist-album.cover" in your
album-art directory.

So Banshee produces the .cover files...

Once you've extracted them all, you can use the following script to
remove all the downloaded .jpg files, and copies the extracted .cover
files to use a .jpg extension.  This will ensure the artwork is consistent.

...but can't read them, so you need to convert them to .jpg? If I'm understanding that right, that'd be a great detail to include on 388162.

Besides that, here are the other issues that everyone brought up that I thought would be good to file as bugs/enhancements:
* Banshee has no ability to actually do the embedding (enhancement)
* ...and that seems like it. Guess that's just two. :)

--
Andrew Conkling
http://andrewski.net