[Banshee-List] Banshee 1.2.1 ignoring embedded cover art

According to the  http://banshee-project.org/support/faq/ FAQ , this is how
Banshee is said to handle cover art.

Where does Banshee get its cover art?
Banshee looks first in the audio file itself for embedded artwork, then in
the folder the file is in, then from Rhapsody, then Amazon, then finally
Last.fm.

This is not correct, though.  My entire library contains embedded cover art,
and yet Banshee decides to try to go out and download the art anyway,
downloading the wrong cover in many cases.

I spent the better part of a week making sure that my entire music library
has the cover art embedded.  I do NOT need Banshee to try to download it.
Downloading cover art should be a manual option, not the default behavior.