Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee Wish: Must have an Xine Backend OptioninPreferences

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 4:14 AM, Soft Romu <softromu hotmail com> wrote:
I'm sorry Aaron, but GStreamer doesn't handle DVD playback correctly. Xine does.

People used to say "Banshee doesn't support X/Y/Z. Rhythmbox does." And yet Banshee's architecture (and probably a few design decisions) have narrowed or closed that gap, and it's already starting to do things Rhythmbox can't.

GStreamer, as best I understand its internals, is about the same: a younger project than Xine, but a better architecture and more agile for new features/plugins.

--
Andrew Conkling
http://andrewski.net