Re: [Banshee-List] Re move the video portion of Banshee?

comomolo wrote:

> Charlie.M wrote:
> My whole point has nothing to do with the fact that video must be improved,
> but removed *because* Banshee wasn't designed as a *media* (=all kinds of
> media) manager but a *music* manager. (If someone wants to state that it was
> indeed designed as a media manager in first place then I expect to see some
> evidence of that.)
>
> Does that mean a media library handling all kinds of media files should
> never exist? Of course not. It does mean Banshee is not designed that way
> and if you, or the devs, or anyone wants Banshee to become what it's not,
> someone better goes back to the design table. When you add functions to any
> object (software or hardware, computer related or not) that wasn't designed
> in first place to do those functions, you can't be surprised they don't work
> well.
>
> It's not about my personal preferences or anyone else's.
>
> I hope this time I made myself understood...

I recall video support came about as that became common in podcasts.
Banshee had offered podcast support for some time and it seemed like a
logical move. I agree it's not ready for prime time yet as a
full-featured media player, but there is a reason for this madness.

Jon