Re: [Banshee-List] Re move the video portion of Banshee?

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Charles Mason <charlie mas gmail com> wrote:

> What about people who have a collection of Music Videos. Many online
> music stores sell them so it stands to reason some people genuinely
> download and enjoy them in the same way as people listen to
> traditional mp3 tracks. It also stands to reason that they won't need
> many special video features since they represent a piece of music in
> the same way an MP3 does.

I just want to chime in to say that I'm one of those people. I have a
couple of music videos that I now manage in Banshee. The use case here
is *very* different from normal videos (which I watch in Totem, vlc or
mplayer) and it makes very much sense to have them in banshee. After
all, it's just music in a different format...

In fact, I'd like to see further integration with music videos. Some
songs I have both in mp3 and avi and it would be nice if Banshee knew
they were the same (like maybe a button saying "view video" in the
song list or whatever).

-Isak