Re: Icon theming for Balsa

On 12/24/2004 11:44:52 AM, Andrew Conkling wrote:
Well Peter, it turns out almost all of the errors were naming ones....

On 24/12/04 10:51:19, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
On 12/23/2004 11:59:01 PM, Andrew Conkling wrote:
[ snip ]
Here's the rundown:
Toolbars: all work except for "Close" under Main Window

That's strange--that icon is handled no differently from the others, afaict.

This still doesn't work; what icon is this one looking for? (I think it should be gtk-close, but you should probably check what the other toolbars are using, since they are themed correctly.)

Perhaps it should be GTK_STOCK_CLOSE, but it's actually BALSA_PIXMAP_CLOSE_MBOX, which is defined to be "balsa_close_mbox" and is associated with balsa_close_mbox.xpm. The idea may have been to have a different icon for closing a mailbox from the standard gtk stock close, to provide a visual distinction, but if so, it's not used consistently--the Mailbox=>Close menu item uses the gtk version. I just tried replacing the latter with BALSA_PIXMAP_CLOSE_MBOX, and it works nicely.

Message list: None of the status/attachment/encrypted icons work (For the record, I haven't tested the mailbox icons.)
[ snip ]
Nope, naming issue; I had to add "balsa_" to the beginning of the info_* files; now I have to try the mailboxes, but I assume it'll be the same.

I believe that's so.

[ snip ]
Are the "message parts icons" the ones in the tree-view on the Message parts notebook page?

Yes, and they still don't work.

Balsa tries to find a gnome-mime-*.png icon to represent an attachment's mime-type, but the scheme seems to be broken, so you may not be able to theme those until we fix it!