Re: Icon theming for Balsa

On 12/23/2004 02:38:56 PM, Andrew Conkling wrote:
[ snip ]
At that point, the GTK theme I'm using recognises the names of the icons (I typed them in manually :) and they should be picked up. Again, after doing that, only some of them are. What am I missing?

Said another way: I only vaguely understand what your message means for me from a themer's point of view, and any decoding would be helpful. :)

We have a classic lack of communication, as my understanding of theming could only kindly be described as vague, and more realistically as pitiful !-(

Balsa has always used Gtk's stock system to manage the Balsa icons, adding them to a GtkIconFactory. They are then available for making pixbufs or widgets in the same way as Gtk's standard stock items. I just kinda hoped that Gtk would support icon themes transparently. Apparently that works only partially.

Balsa uses different methods to create the icons in different parts of the display. If you could list the specific places where they're still not responding to theme changes, we might be able to track down the cause.

Best,