Re: Balsa Encrypts messages with GnuPG!

Rather than trusting libmutt to do the right thing and for more background
on how to do this sort of thing, try reading RFC 1847 "Security Multiparts
for MIME: Multipart/Signed and Multipart/Encrypted" and RFC 2015 "MIME
Security with Pretty Good Privacy (PGP)".  These documents and the ones they
reference provide everything needed to implement a solution from scratch.
I always find that the standards are more informative than reading source code
which is usually wrong, incomplete or buggy, despite the authors' best
intentions.

This is not to put down libmutt or the PGP code using it, I felt the issue
needs raising because of the nature of some of the queries raised here.

In any case, I thought Balsa was moving away from the use of libmutt.  A
better solution might be to use gmime and pgg and avoid using libmutt.
It should be noted that S/MIME uses exactly the same MIME structures as
PGP/MIME so this would be easy to add into such a framework.  (I have written
code to do S/MIME in the past.  I don't have time right now, but I may be
able to contribute in this area in the future.)

--
Brian Stafford